Common signs of hearing loss
Hearing connects us to people and our lives. Hearing is vital for communication and is one of our only senses that when it starts to deteriorate others tend to notice before we do. Its is important to address any hearing issues, sooner rather than later, so that these effects, some of which are listed below, can be eliminated or minimised.
Common Signs and Effects of Hearing Loss
• Asking other people to repeat themselves
• Turning up the television or radio volume to levels others find too loud
• Having trouble understanding conversation in noisy or busy places
• Misunderstanding conversations
• Feeling like other people are always mumbling
• Having trouble hearing women’s and children’s voices
• Having trouble hearing over the telephone
• Avoiding social situations that were once enjoyable
• Missing important information in business meetings
Medical Signs of Hearing Loss
• Do you have a family history of hearing loss?
• Do you take medications that can harm your hearing?
• Do you have diabetes, heart, circulatory or thyroid problems?
• Do you suspect dementia or memory loss?
• Do you ever experience ringing in your ears?
• Did you experience a single exposure to explosive noise?
If you experience any of the above, it’s time to book a thorough evaluation and hearing assesment with a justHEAR hearing professional. It’s quick, painless and free. Once you know whether you have a hearing loss, you can make decisions about how to get the most enjoyment out of your life and the relationships with people around you.
Contact us today on 08000 683 533 to speak to a justHear Advisor or to book your FREE Hearing Test.